Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cisco VPN client install - Error 27850: unable to manage network component

A while ago i was trying to install Cisco VPN Client on my win7 64-bit laptop. Had errors and after being struggeling with for a couple of days i gave up, I had a tip from one of my fellow colleegues recommending SHREWSOFT. That woked like a charm.
Now i needed this cisco client. Errors were the same:
Error 27850: unable to manage network component. Operating system corruption may be preventing installation.

resolution was an easy fix in registry for controlset.

The maximum number of network  filter drivers in Windows 7 is 14.

By default, it is set to 8.

I increased it to 8 in the the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\MaxNumFilters

Then i did an update of dne (ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate64.msi) and installed the cisco client successfully.

Happy new year!

24 comments:

  1. To mis-quote Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Bjørn Jeppesen, you're my hero.

    Changed from 8 to 9, and it worked. And this is the only place I found this solution.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic !! All the techies at my ISP had no idea about this. But you should change the message: you write increase to 8 and it's already at 8! 9 works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU
    ARE
    THE
    MAN
    NOW
    DOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude you are awesome... :D your solution worked perfectly ! May tech support guys in our company had no idea how to fix this. Keep doing the awesome job man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This worked for me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow awesome dear .......... it's working

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that tip. My Citrix Access Gateway Plugin drove me crazy with that stuff. :-)
    One virtual coffee for you ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tahnk you very much from Turkey/istanbul
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bjørn, you are AWESOME! Thank you for your tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks it was usefull >>!! and worked

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice fix! Well done! just set my Max to 14 and it worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you!!! Been trying to solve this issue for 2 weeks!! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot, it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  15. doesn't work. same error if I try to launch dneupdate.
    vpn working before upgrade to 8.1 :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great! Works for Windows 7 perfectly! You saved me lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The maximum number of network filter drivers in Windows 7 is 14.

    By default, it is set to 8.

    I increased it to 8 <--- that should say 9

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic solution.Thank you.
    top10-bestvpn.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you.This solution works good with my VPN client.Cool post.
    http://10webhostingservice.com/

    ReplyDelete